Monday, March 1, 2010

Also in my career I went to work for another group, Smilen Brothers. They called themselves fruiterers of distinction, . I worked on and off with them for a number of years.
I waited on trade. I sold them fruits and usually I imduced them to purchase a little more than what they came in for . . .not because I wanted them to get more healthy by eating more fruit.. We got little gifts for increased sales... I would get more prizes for selling fruit to them. At a certan point it was a habit which I kept up over the years.
I'd suggest we have a special this week only on McIntosh apples. If you like pears we have both this kind and that kind . You have a choice or you can have both. By speaking well of our selection it would induce them to get more fruit.
Also we got a percentage of money, fr selling over a certain quantity. This induced me to keep on talkng about our merchandise. I never tired of talking about new things..

I worked for them for many years until I became ill and then I had to stop working altogether.
I was well into the 1950s. As a result of a serious heart attack I was forced to slow down. I tried to convince every customer I was especially interested with them and I also tried to work well with my coworkers. One of the man things I tried to keep track of was knowing where the fruits came from and what seasonal fruit was approaching. There's a season for peaches, pears apples of different kinds. I decided to learn all I could for the foods I sold and pass that info on to my customers for bigger sales and more usage. If you can induce a women t put up preseves she might put buy 25 Poussin. or onions for pickling.

No comments: