Friday, May 28, 2010

I worked for Picadilly sportswear. I started as an errand boy.It was part of my job to go out for sandwiches. I pickrd up about 40 lunches a day. Finally I said this has got to pay me money. The guys gave me tips but I had to pay for my own lunch. I said, "bullshit."
I told the owner of the luncheonette, "I'm going to have to stop buying my lunches here."
He said, "Why."
I said, "your competitor says that if I buy lunches theree, my lunch will be free and he''ll give me a dollar besides."
The guy offered me five dollars and free lunch every day.
SO I said, "I'll take the five dollars."
Somebody hears me tell somebody that I got five dollars.
The guy said, "you're buying our sandwiches and you're getting five dollars for it?"
I said, "yes."
He said they should get something off the sandwich prices.
I said, "I'll stop getting the sandwiches. I've got news for you. I stop getting the sandwiches and you guys will be in trouble."
I went to the guy who sold the sandwiches, and said, "they're raising hell about my getting sandwiches.
He said, "I'll give you ten dollars."
so i started getting the the sandwiches for $10 a week.
One of the guys heard I was getting $10 and said, "I'm going to tell them you're getting money for this"
And I said if you can tell them with a broken jaw, go ahead."

No comments: