Friday, January 8, 2010

Incident in the Candy Store

We were a bunch of kiods just hanging around. Somebody said, "Let's go to Pop's Candy Store."
And another kid said, " Yeah let's help hom out wwith his candy." And everybody laughed.
We started to go.
In the store, I started to talking to the man behind the counter.
I asked him about the candy business and how muh the candy cost and what I would do when I grew up. If I should open a candy store.
Meantime the kids were going behin the counteer. The candy store man caught one of the boys stealing candy. The man immediatey stopped talking to me. He ran out and got a cop. We didn't know what he was doig. We thought he was scared. He cae back with a cop. SOme of the kids were there.
"Which one," Asked the cop.The man pointed at one of the ringleaders, and I didn't say anythng. I was worrying about what was going to happen to me if I was caught.

I fond an opportunity to slip out of the store and I ran home.
Later I learned that the cop had learned them they could only come in one at a time and hey had to show their money.
Later on, one asked me whaere I went.
"We all went home," I said. "I wait home too.
Later on in the evening. after supper. I met with some of theguyd andt they asked me wwhere I went.
I said I dont'st want to do that stuff.
Angelo said, "This Jew bastard knows what he's talking aboiut and I agree with him.
That was the first time I was called A "Jew Bastard" And I thanked him..I thought it was a compliment.
It felt good to be one of the boys.
But soon after, what with my bar mitzvah, I became a man.

Afteter that, I went to play with kids on another bloick.

No comments: